Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kolache Treats

Kolache is a pastry that originates from Czech and Slovakia. I find that the kolache is a little bit heavier then a typical pastry with a tint of creaminess, although some may disagree. Most people serve it with fruit as a filling, but traditionally kolaches were served with cheese or meat as the filling. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do!!!

Cream together
-1 cup of softened butter
-6 ounces of softened cream cheese

Add
-2 Tablespoons of sugar

Beat all three ingredients until creamy

Add
-2 cups of sugar

Mix well, next shape the dough into a ball and chill for 1 hour.

Work with half of the dough at a time. Keep the other half chilled until ready to use. On a well-floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8-inch thick. Using a large round cookie or biscuit cutter or a large glass, cut the dough into circles.

Next, place a filling of your choice in the middle of the circles and fold the dough in half, make sure to pinch the edges to seal the dough. (wrap the edges of the dough together if your filling is cheese or meat)

Finally, bake the pastry at 400`F for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks after they come out.


Enjoy!!!
Share |

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Did you try them! If so, take some pictures and attach the pictures to your posting! They do sound delicious! I might have to give them a try when I'm walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I wouldn't post the recipe unless I've tried baking them myself and I like them... I love this type of pastry and yes, hopefully I can post pictures of them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Share |