Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Olympic Patriotic Cookies

With the Olympics over and Canadians feeling more patriotic then ever before I decide to be creative and bake a maple leaf sugar cookie! These cookies were relatively easy to make but like all sugar cookies they did take a longer amount of time to bake. I used a cut-out-maple-leaf pattern that I found on the web and used a sharp knife to cut around the edges. After they were cooled I glazed the top with 2 teaspoons of milk and 1 cup of icing sugar mixed together.




If you want to use the sugar cookie recipe that I used, you can find it on the Classic Recipes page (http://www.bakingsomecookies.blogspot.com/classic-recipes.html). Also, if you’re looking for some maple leaf cookie cutters, I found some on http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1331&step=4 for a good price.

ENJOY!!!




Share |

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You did a fantastic job of these cookies. Forget being a pilot or a violist, become a baker!
    I loved the step-by-step pictures too.
    I'm sure these cookies were gone within 10 seconds!

    ReplyDelete

Share |